The RMS has three types of membership for medical students, veterinary students and students in allied fields. Life membership is granted to those who have been members for six or more years.
|1.||Full Membership (Six years)||£110|
|2.||Three Years (Suitable for transfer students)||£70|
Please note that all memberships are subject to an additional refundable £5 deposit. This is for your key-card, which grants 24/7 access to the RMS buildings. Your deposit will be refunded upon the return of your key-card.
Benefits of Membership
- 24/7 access to the RMS buildings including our library, printers, learning resources centre and lounge.
- Newly-written revision guides covering the core teaching of Years 1 and 2
- Free and exclusive RMS exam revision tutorials and clinical skills sessions
- Discounts on various RMS socials and events (such as the Presidents’ Dinner)
- Access to our MCQs and practice exam questions
- A chance to apply for travel and study funding (particularly useful for funding your Elective)
- Great networking opportunities
- The opportunity to stand for Council positions
- Being part of an historic and royal-chartered society
The RMS hosts weekly meetings with guest speakers from Edinburgh and around the country. Please see our homepage for our most up-to-date syllabus.
A few of the sessions that the RMS hosts are for members only, particularly the clinical skills sessions and revision tutorials, run by experienced members of the Society.
Members who have signed attendance at five meetings are eligible to be elected to the RMS Council at the Annual General Meeting, in April each year.
How to join
Online*: You can sign up for membership online using our payment company, Wufoo: Sign Up
In Person: You can also purchase your membership in person at our office in Potterrow. Please note that we are unable to take credit/debit card payments in the office.
*If you join online, please visit the RMS office to collect your membership card and key-card at the start of the semester. You will visit our office as part of your Welcome Week timetable.
The Royal Medical Society of Edinburgh (RMS) reserves the right to revoke the membership of an individual at any time if it is determined that a member has violated a term or condition of our behaviour policy. These are available to view on the website.