Welcome to the website of the Royal Medical Society.
The society is run by medical students for medical students at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland
Due to the current situation, the RMS rooms are closed until further notice and there are no further events this semester. All the online resources are available as normal and we can be contacted by email or social media if you have any questions.
If you wish to use your free time to help out along side other medical students there have been several initiatives set up that you can get involved in:
Our premises are located in the Student Centre at Potterrow, Bristo Square and house our offices, lounge, computer room, medical library, clinical skills resource room, lecture theatre
We also facilitate the activities of a broad range of student medical societies and charitable
Founded over 280 years ago and remaining the only student society to have been awarded a royal charter for its work, the RMS has a rich and interesting past. Members have included Charles Darwin, Sir Joseph Lister and Sir James Young Simpson. Further information on our history can be found here and contributions of famous alumni here.
– 24/7 keycard access to the RMS buildings, including our lounge, library, computer lab, clinical skills room and kitchen (Our buildings are right in the central of the campus!)
– Exclusive exam revision tutorials and clinical skills sessions
– Revision guides covering the core teaching of Years 1 and 2
– Access to our practice exam question bank
– Opportunity to apply for Travel and Study funding towards electives and overseas projects
– Discounts on various RMS events (such as the Presidentsʼ Dinner, Conference and Burns Night)
– Teaching and presentation opportunities
Basically, a whole lot of benefits for less than £20/year!
The 2019-20 syllabus can be seen below:
Event highlights throughout the year include our Welcome Week for incoming students, the Inaugural Address, the Presidents’ Annual Dinner, the traditional Burns Supper, pub quizzes, exam revision and clinical skills tutorials and many fascinating talks by leading doctors from across the country.
Check out what we’ve been up to: